MORGAN HILL UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
APPLICATION FOR CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
The Board of Education of the Morgan Hill Unified School District is seeking qualified, interested individuals to serve on a committee of community leaders which will serve as the independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee (“COC”) for the implementation of the District’s Measure G school facilities bond program. We currently have openings for the following positions:
- At Large Community Member
- Business Representative (proof required)
- Taxpayer Organization Member (proof required
Proposition 39 Bond Election
On November 6, 2012, voters residing within the Morgan Hill Unified School District passed Measure G. Measure G is a $198.25 million bond measure that authorizes funding for needed repairs, upgrades, and new construction projects to the District’s schools. Proposition 39 required a 55% supermajority for approval; Measure G was passed by 64.89%.
Establishment of a Citizens’ Oversight Committee
After a bond authorized under Proposition 39 is passed, state law requires that the Morgan Hill Unified School District Board of Education appoint a Citizens’ Oversight Committee to work with the District.
In accordance with Education Code Section 15278(b), the Citizens’ Oversight Committee shall:
• Inform the public concerning the District’s expenditure of Measure G bond proceeds;
• Review expenditure reports produced by the District to ensure that Measure G bond proceeds were expended only for the purposes set forth in Measure G; and
• Present to the Board of Education in public session, an annual written report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of Measure G bond proceeds.
Appointment of Committee Members
All appointments will be made by the Board of Education from applications submitted to the District.
Time Commitment and Term
Each term is set at two years and the committee meets quarterly at different school sites for an hour to two hours each meeting.
Would You be Interested in Serving?
If you wish to serve on this important committee, please review the committee bylaws for more information about the committee’s role and responsibilities and complete the application. The deadline to turn in applications is January 27, 2017.
Completed applications should be sent or emailed to Allison Murray.
Morgan Hill Unified School District
15600 Concord Circle, Morgan CA 95037
Telephone: (408) 201-6052